Open appeal of the President of the Practical Shooting Federation of Ukraine to all Ukrainian practical shooters regarding the election of the Regional Director of the Ukraine region IPSC
According to the protocol of the meeting of the IPSC Disciplinary Committee (attached below; email), held on 10.09.2019 in Belgrade (Serbia), a number of mutual arrangements were reached, one of which was to resolve the issue of the Regional Representation in Ukraine and the procedures for determining it.
The key points that have been recorded are:
- the necessity of holding general elections of the Regional Director of IPSC of Ukraine is determined by DC IPSC
- for consideration of the issue by the Disciplinary Committee, both organizations (FPSU and VFPVS) must provide the lists of members of organizations with contact information to the IPSC DC
- if elections are to be held, the interests of all practical shooters in the region should be respected, regardless of their organizational affiliation (FPSU and VFPVS) must be respected
- elections must be as transparent and democratic as possible in accordance with the IPSC Constitution
In order to fulfill its obligations, the FPSU prepared lists of federation members and submitted them to the IPSC DC as soon as possible, in November 2019.
In addition, the FPSU addressed official postal letters personally to Mr. Milukov O., as well as to NGO “Ukrainian Region of IPSC” and NGO “All-Ukrainian Federation of Practical and Precision Shooting ” to provide relevant lists of members. However, none of the letters we sent were answered, and as far as we know, the DC IPSC also has not received information as well.
Instead, an information campaign was launched to discredit the FPSU and the results of its activities in the Ministry of Youth and Sports and among the practical shooters in Ukraine in order to seize the results of work of the federation, which jeopardized the whole existence of our sport in Ukraine.
Moreover, the announcement of the elections of the Regional Director of the IPSC only among the members of the NGO “All-Ukrainian Federation of Practical and Precision Shooting”, without the decision of DC IPSC and taking into account all the key points mentioned in the protocol, could jeopardize the membership of our region in IPSC, which is explicitly stated in it.
And despite the destructive activity of the VFPVS, on my own behalf and on behalf of the Federation of Practical Shooting of Ukraine, aware of the responsibility for the existence and development of our sport, I address this open letter personally to Mr. Milukov O., as well as to the governing bodies and members of NGO “All-Ukrainian Federation of Practical and Precision Shooting ” with the proposal to start the constructive dialogue and to establish cooperation on the principles agreed at the IPSC Disciplinary Board meeting.
- cancel the elections of the Regional Director in the announced format;
- form a working group of interested members of both organizations to agree on the principles and mechanism for holding the first truly open and democratic elections of the IPSC Regional Director by all shooters practicing practical shooting in the region,
- formulate a joint strategy to further develop practical shooting in Ukraine and prevent the abolition of recognition of practical shooting as a sport in Ukraine,
- to submit our agreed position on the principles and mechanism of the elections of the Regional Director and the Strategy for the Development of Practical Shooting in Ukraine to the IPSC Disciplinary Committee to prevent the termination of Ukraine’s membership in the IPSC.
With hope for understanding of the severity of the problem and the need for its prompt and constructive solution in the interests of all practical shooters in our country.
FPSU President O.PetrovD.C.-Ukraine-10092019-Belgrade-meeting-Minutes-1